Logo

Please Help. 1997 Glastron 175 with Volvo Penta 3.0

Bjones10919

I have a 1997 Glastron with Volvo Penta 3.0. I have a major crack in exhaust manifold. I have tried a JB Weld patch twice and it failed. I have spent the last year fixing up this boat rebuilt motor, ne externals on engine (starter, alternator, sending units, rebuilt the holley 2 barrel. My problem is I cant find a new exhaust manifold. Ordered a Barr manifold from Ebay it arrived today...wrong one. The casting numbers on the original one is 98-6516.

Barr manifolds are often "work alikes" not exact replacements.... and casting numbers are unique to a given manufacturer, so don't expect even an EXACT clone from another manufacturer to to have the same casting number.

I have a 1997 Glastron with Volvo Penta 3.0. I have a major crack in exhaust manifold. I have tried a JB Weld patch twice and it failed.
Yep.... JB Weld will almost always fail when used for this type of repair.

I have spent the last year fixing up this boat rebuilt engine, new externals on engine (starter, alternator, sending units, rebuilt the holley 2 barrel. My problem is I cant find a new exhaust manifold. Ordered a Barr manifold from Ebay it arrived today...wrong one. The casting numbers on the original one is 98-6516.

Look on this site and do a search using your exact engine/drive model number.
Go to exhaust components and find the OEM p/n.
Then do a search for that p/n.

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-schematics-MarineGasolineEngines.aspx

Back