Logo

Cut the black wire with the yellow stripe engine fired

RodWayne

Howdy all. I had no spark and checked the coils and plug wires and they were fine. Out of desperation I cut the black wire with the yellow stripe on the side of the engine and the engine started. I had to pull the plug wires to kill the engine. I just do not know what needs to be replaced to cure my problem. I'm thinking maybe the ignition switch but I'm guessing it could also be something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It could be shorting to ground somewhere out of sight. Check the circuit with an ohm meter.

I had that problem with a motor those DHL morons dropped on the driveway and smashed.

Jeff

It could be shorting to ground somewhere out of sight. Check the circuit with an ohm meter.

I had that problem with a motor those DHL morons dropped on the driveway and smashed.

Jeff
I'm not 100% positive; but I traced the wires this morning from where I cut the black with yellow stripe and it appears to only go to the ignition switch. I'm going to order a new switch and hope that cures the problem.

I'm not 100% positive; but I traced the wires this morning from where I cut the black with yellow stripe and it appears to only go to the ignition switch. I'm going to order a new switch and hope that cures the problem.

Do you have an On/Off switch on your throtle controller? A lot of throtle controllers have an On/Off switch located on the controller where the black wire with a yellow stripe wires are used as an engine cutoff.

Back