Logo

7.4L - 5.7L Swap questions

can't do an edit for some reason.

As I said in post #29;

............... I don't understand why a few members are so concerned and/or bothered about post counts!
Post counts do not represent one's expertise, experience, authority, etc. They simply indicate one's participation in the forum.

I would be embarrassed if I were to repeatedly mention post counts as though I was threatened by them.

"If the above is agreed upon, would someone please help me understand why post count gains threaten or bother some of our members?
This has been repeatedly alluded to!"

The inference is that people who participate in forums with large post counts are somehow regarded by newcomers as having more subject matter expertise or insight. Those of us who know you better find your inability to let any posting alone without adding your own personal topspin, no matter whether factual or not, are saying that some people have an ego is so big that they prefer to add something inane or self serving rather than assist the OP in their issues. Case in point being this particular hijacking of the thread to have someone mansplain the obvious to you.

In reference to post #34.
In the 5+ days since the last post to this thread, I have yet to see (in any thread) where a newcomer has interpreted post counts as though they infer that high post counts indicate more subject matter, expertise or insight!
I can only deduce that those who are concerned or threatened by high post counts, have their own unique issues with it.

This is an open forum whereby we can add our own comments and/or suggestions for an OP.
It's up to the OP to chose which opinion or option to run with.

This is an open forum whereby we can add our own comments and/or suggestions for an OP.
It's up to the OP to chose which opinion or option to run with.

[/COLOR]

yes it is an open forum.
Because of this does not give certain particapents the freedom to hijack threads and or respond with non real product knowledge but with over complex and ramblings that sometimes even confuse those who do understand and have direct product knowledge.
So many opinion post versus factual posts.

Content mostly in generalities and many time no even close to the issue,
Lack of objective questions pertaining to the specific issue/question. Again, unrelated generalities that consistantly appear to only point to POST COUNT such as all the urelated posts in this thread. Non specific posts and general opinion vs fact.

If there is no specific answer, being a "free" forum does not give one the literary freedom that that one feels they deserve.

That person obviously feels that elegant wording inferes some kind of expertise...

Case in point,
The other thread, 4.5 winterizing.
All opinion based on zero product knowledge.
Never touched that product so how can one honestly answer a specific question? Which by the way, you did not even attemp to answer. Only proposed your opinion which by the way is considered incorrect by most if not all who do this work.

So I'd like to report I got the boat in the water today.
It worked friggen great... got up on a plane with absolutely zero hesitation.
I now know I have no desire to pull this motor to drop in a 7.4L.
I could easily pull tubes and wakeboard with this thing. It pulls great, works great.
I did end up having to change the gimbal ring and steering pin, as the original looked to have been cracked for a while.
Other than that, I need a couple good batteries, and that's about all I've had to invest in parts.
Appreciate all the constructive help.

Back