Logo

Remote Controls

algot1901

Hello,
I have a 1985 25HP with tiller and I would like a remote with or with out electric start can always wire in a switch but question is will the controls from a 70 HP motor work or can be made to work without to much trouble?
Regards
Jim G
Cushing, WI

For some reason I am unable to post pictures but as near as I can figure there is no special hardware that I would need to change. I have looked at every manual I possibly could find and the only difference I can see is the length of the cables and the wire harness which all I need is a simple wire to extend my start button. the serial # is 6623149 which puts me at about 1985.
The photo that appears is of the motor but the wrong one have no idea how to get rid of it

Attachments

• 106_0180.JPG
    106_0180.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 34
106_0193.JPGFor some reason I am unable to post pictures but as near as I can figure there is no special hardware that I would need to change. I have looked at every manual I possibly could find and the only difference I can see is the length of the cables and the wire harness which all I need is a simple wire to extend my start button. the serial # is 6623149 which puts me at about 1985
Here is a picture of the control side of the motor do I have to purchase or find different levers for the throttle or shift cables?
If some one has a photo of the 1985 25 HP remote control cables and how they connect please send a picture.
Regards
Jim

Let me clarify, I would like to have a picture or pictures of the throttle and shift linkage side of the engine as it would help enhance the blue print of the parts.

Back