Logo

Honda BF8 no Telltale

CWFollett

I few weeks ago I startedmy Honda Kicker BF8 2009, and there was no telltale ? I inspected the waterpump and it is only about a year old with less than 15 hours on it.It was in great shape. Replaced the housing and all, checked the tube from theintake and made sure it was not blocked, as well as the intake screen andeverything up to the pump. I inspected the thermostat and it was also in goodshape. I replaced it and checked with motor running and thermostat out thatthere was water coming out of the engine. Checked the tube going from the pumpto the engine with the air compressor and everything seemed fine. I do not knowwhat it is or what is called but the round tube that comes out of the housing alittle lower that the engine that has a Diaphragm made of stainless steelpulled it and inspected all the ports. Seems to be part of the muffler systemwith water and exhaust gases. They all seemed clear. I checked the tubingcoming form the engine to the housing and it was clear. Started the engine atidle and had water coming out of the tube for the telltale. Went fishing lastWednesday and no water out of the telltale again. Does the water come out ofthe telltale whether the thermostat is open or closed ? I did not run theengine any higher than idle, should I run it at a t 2-3 thousand to maybe pusha blockage out ?

Back