Logo

UFP DB-42 Caliper Question

vlotta

Does anyone know what the DB-42 caliper crosses over to in automotive. I have a hard time believing they manufactured a new caliper from scratch. My issue is I'm trying to get the piston to rebuild my caliper and no on in San Diego carries these and I don't have time to order it. Everyone wants to sell me a complete caliper for 80 dollars. I can rebuild it for a fraction of that if I can find the Piston. I found the piston seal and dust boot locally just no luck on the piston.

Thank you.

I'll suggest two options:1) calling Dexter and see if they can tell you who has ordered one, in your area, in the recent past.....2) If you have a rebuilder in your area, take you old piston to them and see if they can match one.

Time is money and at some point, continuing to search is going to put you well past the break even point.....

I complete understand about not spending to much time but again like I said I don't have the option to order. Already called UFP being that they are only 20 minutes from me and they will not accommodate me with having one purchased from a dealer and then put on hold for a will call. They said no one in san diego has ordered it in over a year. Called everyone they suggested. I also called Centric and they called me back today with a piston that will work. He said he knows that the caliper is from a car because he recognized it but just couldn't remember which car. That is why I posted this to see if anyone would know.

Back