Logo

Crankshaft bearings 2005 BF 130

Janzan

Hi,

I need to replace crankshaft bearings on a 2005 BF 130.
The manual I have tells me I should identify the bearings by using the codes on the block and the codes stamped into the crankshaft itself.
On my crankshaft no codes are stamped, only block code. Anyonewho can help?

Thanks,
Jan

You have to cross reference crank codes with block codes, there will be 2 sets of codes on the crank webb closest to the crankshaft pulley, 5 for the main bearings and 4 four the crank pins. If you do this be sure to do it to the book including checking the oil clearance, I have seen a couple of engines destroyed through incorrect placement of coded bearings. Just as a matter of interest, why do they need replacing ?

You have to cross reference crank codes with block codes, there will be 2 sets of codes on the crank webb closest to the crankshaft pulley, 5 for the main bearings and 4 four the crank pins. If you do this be sure to do it to the book including checking the oil clearance, I have seen a couple of engines destroyed through incorrect placement of coded bearings. Just as a matter of interest, why do they need replacing ?

Thank you,

my problem is that the crank doesn't have any codes, it's blank

You need to get a good quality degreaser and soak all the laquer off the crank so that it looks brand new, the code numbers are sometimes very faint but they will be there.

Still need the crank code numbers to calculate or you will be there for a while. Other option is to have crank ground and let the machinist supply the bearings

Still need the crank code numbers to calculate or you will be there for a while. Other option is to have crank ground and let the machinist supply the bearings

Finally found the numbers,well, someone with better eyes than mine was able to read them. Next step was identifying the connection rod bearings. Since there is quite some rust there seems to be no way to find them. Probably there will be no way around having the crank ground. Since I am located in Zanzibar it will be hard, no machine shop around here. Would you have other suggestion on this?

Yes the piston skirt O.D and ring grooves and piston to bore clearances and ring end gap are the same i do not see any problems why it shouldn't fit when i compare the two.Find an old motor and play around with it .

Back