Logo

Battery Hook Up Issue

bkokie3160

I have twin 250 HP Yamaha Saltwater Series II and I can't find where to hook up the positive power on the engine itself. I know it's a stupid question but I can't seem to find it.

Also looking for guide of how all the lines fit into the grommet once entering the cowling.

Thanks in advance

Most engines come with a power cable connecting to the starters solenoid
Most don't. The battery cables are not typically connected to the motor when they come from Japan. They are loose in a box that comes with the motor. Some will connect to the starter but many won't.

SX200TXRD is the model. Not Saltwater Series II. Those are just bold new graphics. From the marketing men.

SHO is used on some models. SHO is not a model. VF200LA is a model for instance.

For what ever reason they show the Saltwater Series II graphics on the cowling for that model no on boats.net only they will know. somewhere i think in 1999 they changed graphics most likely for marketing purposes .

I have twin 250 HP Yamaha Saltwater Series II and I can't find where to hook up the positive power on the engine itself. I know it's a stupid question but I can't seem to find it.

Also looking for guide of how all the lines fit into the grommet once entering the cowling.

Thanks in advance

It's a two stroke 2001 LX250 TXRZ

Most engines come with a power cable connecting to the starters solenoid

I know the negative goes to the top post on the starter. And there is wire coming from a plastic box below to the positive post. In the box is the power for the trim motor and other features on the engine. I just can't seem to find the one post where I should connect the positive from the battery.

Back