Logo

Fuel pump

cgoens1

I have a 1995 cruiser yacht 3570 Espirit with twin XL crusader 454’s and have had fuel pump on port side. I had injectors cleaned but pump is chattering loudly and putting out very little volume. Anyone know what the GPH and pressure rating is so I can find a replacement pump? I sent cruiser yachts service dept an email but haven’t responded. I need one asap as I’m trying to sell my boat. Thanks

Your TBI should run off of approximately 12psi (I think spec is 10-14), not sure on the GPH, but I'd guess over 45 (most boats get less than 1mpg at WOT, so you'd need at least as many GPH as you have MPH...). Do you have a pic of your old pump? Mine is the Pierburg style, looks like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Crusader-Pierburg-Electric-Fuel-Pump-47039/1130046587

I actually had two different styles on mine (both pierburg). Only difference was the vibration/sound deadening material on the outside. Same pump, same style as above. My old pump was fine, but if I pull something off, I generally don't put it back on, given that it has 400ish hours on it. Send me a pm if yours is the same style, and you're interested in my old take-off. I also have a brand new, cheaper pump ($118) from Autozone that I tried installing, but it was a PITA to get the fuel lines to hook up to it.

Back