Logo

Neutral switch

greg robinson

I have a 25 hp Mariner from a friend. He put a new neutral switch in it. The one that is located behind the starter. It will not start. I looked at the switch and there is nothing that will contact the roller on the switch to close it for completing the circuit. Is something missing? It is about a 1/2 inch from the roller to the shift mechanism that I assume would operrate it. There is a small amount of adjustment in the switch, but nothing close to what I need to make this work. He said the switch looks just like the old one, and I don't see any loose pieces laying inside the motor. I am stumped. Hope someone can help.

serial number is OC232692, The bracket is mounted to the new switch, at least I believe it is the bracket.It was on it when he brought it to me. Quite small with a small slot for adjustment on one screw hole. Has two holes to mount the switch itself to the bracket and bent into an ell shape with two more larger holes to mount it to the motor. Only one of those holes is used to mount it. He said the switch looks the same as the old one, but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks

Is this a tiller or a remote model? If it is a tiller is it a side shift or tiller shift? Maybe put up a pic of where it is?

Last edited:
I upload the pictures after I found the paperclip, but nothing happens. It says to drag and drop the files but they just disappear when I upload them, so nothing to drag and drop

Back