Logo

Mercury 110 9.8 Getting parts. (With pictures)

Andreasw

Hello!

Today when me and my family was cruising around the Engine suddenly died on us. I pulled alot, the gas squirted out of the intake alot but nothing. So I disconnected one wire from the kill-switch and put it on a rubber glove so I wouldnt short it. Then I unhooked the gas tank and started pulling again, then it started! I ran if for a few moments then I reconnected the tank, died again after awhile. Same procedure as last time, it starts again. I put it on full throttle and reconnected the tank, ran until I stopped it.

Its been sitting quite a while, not being taken care of. So Im guessing I need to redo the carburettor and also the fuel pump. But where can a poor bloke from Sweden find parts for this relic? I saw this website had some stuff. But Im having trouble to identify the model year and stuff with this since its made in Belgium.

Heres some Pictures of it, I shared it through my google drive:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nwh2StwUjeZCWcC4A

Those exposed wires at the connection (shown) may be shorting out when wet. You don't need a kill system on a small motor like that, just choke it to shut it off and eliminate all those potential short circuits.

This site can supply you most of what you need to keep that little beauty going.

Jeff

Those exposed wires at the connection (shown) may be shorting out when wet. You don't need a kill system on a small motor like that, just choke it to shut it off and eliminate all those potential short circuits.

This site can supply you most of what you need to keep that little beauty going.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Do you know what year it might've been produced? Its from Belgium. Does this site ship interationally? For removing the kill-switch, do I just isolate the big red Cable from being shorted?

I Tool the cup of the bottom of before running it and slightly bent the tab so it closes slightly faster. The material in there, could it be old and soaking fuel so it doesn't float?

Back