Logo

2009 Yamaha F60 Power Loss

searay_43

I have a 2009 Yamaha F60 that won't get up on a plane. Barely makes it to 4000rpm WOT. I have done the following:
- replaced Primer bulb (It never got hard)
- Checked Fuel Pump
- Replaced Plugs
- New Water Separator
- Changed Oil

Can the anti syphon valve on the fuel tank cause this? It seems to be lack of fuel. I pump the primer ball while running WOT and there is no difference

Thanks

Sorry, I’m not familiar with the F60; I assume it’s a four stroke. I know the 2 stroke models rely on both fuel and ignition timing advances for acceleration. My 2 stroke goes from (I think) 8 ATDC to 23 ATDC at full throttle. You might check your timing advance if you determine that it may have a similar design.

thanks,

Si

To rule out the fuel tank being an issue, you should just run it off a smaller auxiliary tank. If you get the same result, you know it has nothing to do with fuel delivery from the tank.

If you find that it runs the same off the auxiliary tank, then I would change the fuel filter and send your injectors to be cleaned. Of course it's best to measure the fuel pressure to confirm if fuel delivery is a problem, but I'm assuming you don't have a test kit with an adapter (which is not cheap). And if you've ruled out fuel tank venting issues and assuming the ignition system is good with new plugs, it's probably a restriction somewhere in the fuel line.. that usually means injectors. There are other parts like the pressure regulator that might also be a problem, but clogged injectors seem to be a lot more common than a stuck pressure regulator.

Back