Logo

84 sportcraft 210 with 3.0 140hp runs awesome for about 45 min the dies ?

Braxton10993

I have a 84 sportcraft 210 fisherman and it will fire up as soon as you turn the key, idles great and will run awesome at any rpm for about 45 minutes then stalls out, I normally have to wait about 3-5 minutes before it will fire back up then it will hesitate or bog down and die or will run fine at only a low rpm any ideas on what could cause this ?Also when this happened I told my wife to pump the throttle to see if it was getting any gas and I didn’t see any squirt in ? my stepdad gave me it as he didn’t have any time to take it out and he bought it off my grandpas bestfriend who is a mechanic and buys and sells boats, he said he had just done a complete tune up on it last year with plugs and wires and fuel filter and this spring he rebuilt the carb for us, this is also my first boat and I know a decent bit about cars but nothing really about boats

Last edited:
Rig up a pressure gage just before the carb and see what's happening. You need 50 to 6 psi of fuel pressure at all times. I suspect you're not getting it.

Jeff

Rig up a pressure gage just before the carb and see what's happening. You need 50 to 6 psi of fuel pressure at all times. I suspect you're not getting it.

Jeff

Just went out to put the cover on till I can check that tomorrow and I smelled gas so I lifted the engine compartment up and there was bout 1-2 gallons of gas in the bilge and the fill up hose was cracked and so was the vent hose, after realizing that those are both cracked I’m guessing the hose to the fuel pump is probably cracked or gummed up also causing that ?

Back