Logo

How to change High Pressure Fuel Pump 1999 Suzuki D70

I have had the same problem with that screw. you can try using a long phillips bit with a hand impact driver to loosen it. I ended up removing he fuel ump and screen filter by bending the bracket enough to get them out and then soaking the screw with a penetrant oil over night. the next day I was able to get it broke loose with the impact driver. good luck

I have had the same problem with that screw. you can try using a long phillips bit with a hand impact driver to loosen it. I ended up removing he fuel ump and screen filter by bending the bracket enough to get them out and then soaking the screw with a penetrant oil over night. the next day I was able to get it broke loose with the impact driver. good luck

The problem I have and I should have advised in the post is that I can not get a phillips screw driver to work. The screw head is coroded and it looks like a T instead of a phillips head. I am thinking of getting a reverse out tool and having an extension welded to it so I can get above the pump.

Do you know how many volts I should be getting at the plug . I am not getting 12 volts. I am getting 8.6 volts now. When I tested thr old fuel pump I ran some jumper wires straight from the battery and it would not run.

when you turn the key switch on, you should be getting 12v at the plug for the fuel pump. check that your wire doesn't have any breaks or shorts in it. before you try to remove that screw, I would recommend you cap off all the outlets to that half of the tank and fill it with a penetrating oil and let it soak over night. then, try to remove it.

Ok I have got it all back together and I am only getting 6 volts to the pump. I can not get the lanyard attached again for some reason would that make the volts lower.

Back