Logo

Shimming tool kit

nshows

I was wondering if there is a way to get the length of the gauge bar for 328367, and other dimensions of the shim tool kit? or some videos on how to use. It seems to me that many people do not talk about this crucial step in videos. However most videos people are not changing gears. I had to change my gears because my forward gear is missing some teeth. My new to me outboard is starting to look "not as advertised" for sure. Thanks for any help and guidance.

It would be simpler to take new pinion on driveshaft to a dealer and have it checked. Be back on water quicker.

I spoke with a dealership and he seemed confused or hesitant to just shim the driveshaft for me. Which leads me to want to avoid that place. Most repair places should be cool with just doing the shim work on the shaft and call it good, is how I understand it?

It takes just minutes ( with factory kit ) to check shimming of the pinion gear when it is installed on the driveshaft.----And that is the only shimming that needs to be done !-----Find another shop.

Back