Logo

2003 mercruiser mag 350 with bravoII -

scatman1

I own a 2003 bayliner 2859 with 2003 mag 350 and bravo II out drive. The boat starts fine, there is an 2 beep intermittent alarm from the smart monitor. Fluid levels full. when out running motor rpm's will increase with throttle, however the boat will not increase in speed over 10 miles / hr. Smart monitor alarm randomly sounds then stops. Water temps look fine, running ~150F.

Confused and don't know what else to do have had mechanic look at the alarming and it comes and goes.

I own a 2003 bayliner 2859 with 2003 mag 350 and bravo II out drive. The boat starts fine, there is an 2 beep intermittent alarm from the smart monitor. Fluid levels full. when out running motor rpm's will increase with throttle,
What is maximum RPMS you get??/

however the boat will not increase in speed over 10 miles / hr. Smart monitor alarm randomly sounds then stops. Water temps look fine, running ~150F.

Does your engine have a heat exchanger...Do you run in fresh or salt water?

Confused and don't know what else to do have had mechanic look at the alarming and it comes and goes.

I own a 2003 bayliner 2859 with 2003 mag 350 and bravo II out drive. The boat starts fine, there is an 2 beep intermittent alarm from the smart monitor. Fluid levels full. when out running motor rpm's will increase with throttle, however the boat will not increase in speed over 10 miles / hr. Smart monitor alarm randomly sounds then stops. Water temps look fine, running ~150F.

Does the engine rev to 5000 rpm and the boat only goes 10 MPH? If this is the case, what does your propeller look like?

A 2 beep alarm usually points to the IAC.

Back