Logo

Help!! 84 johnson 2 stroke 150 no spark

Billymanness123

I have replaced the stator, timer base, and rectifier. The guy who had it before me replaced all the coil packs, wires and spark plugs. Flywheel magnets look great and the battery is brand new. The doubt that the power packs both quit working at the same time but maybe they did? Honestly I don't know what else to test or how to continue. I would really like to keep from taking it somewhere that will charge me an arm and a leg. ANYTHING HELPS!!

I have replaced the stator, timer base, and rectifier. The guy who had it before me replaced all the coil packs, wires and spark plugs. Flywheel magnets look great and the battery is brand new. The doubt that the power packs both quit working at the same time but maybe they did? Honestly I don't know what else to test or how to continue. I would really like to keep from taking it somewhere that will charge me an arm and a leg. ANYTHING HELPS!!

Id check control box, (more closely would be the Kill circuit) i have had a lot of no spark from mine anytime i have messed with electronics on the motor, and unplugged the Big Red plug that connects it too the controls. I think you can disconnect the black and yellow striped wire from the power pack to see if its your kill switch. I have yet to do that as me jiggling control box has gotten it to go (and then its not a problem until i play with electronics again)

Id check control box, (more closely would be the Kill circuit) i have had a lot of no spark from mine anytime i have messed with electronics on the motor, and unplugged the Big Red plug that connects it too the controls. I think you can disconnect the black and yellow striped wire from the power pack to see if its your kill switch. I have yet to do that as me jiggling control box has gotten it to go (and then its not a problem until i play with electronics again)

I meant to put that in here, I disconnected the yellow and black wire from the power pack and still have no spark. I followed a few troubleshooting step I found online but I haven't pin pointed the problem yet.

Load test the battery.----Take starter apart for inspection and ohm test.----Test kill switch if equipped with that item.

key switch itself maybe? otherwise maybe just start with a wiring diagram and make sure you or P.O. didn't wire up something backwards. maybe check to see the temp switches on the heads are not faulty.

key switch itself maybe? otherwise maybe just start with a wiring diagram and make sure you or P.O. didn't wire up something backwards. maybe check to see the temp switches on the heads are not faulty.

Wiring diagrams are my next step. I am going to try to test and clean everything I can and see what changes. Thanks

Back