Logo

1981 Evinrude 75 hp power pack issue ...

boaterzoid

[FONT=&quot]Hi all,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have no spark going to one of my cylinders - it has a new coil and HT lead on it, but still no spark - can the power pack be faulty for just one cylinder (ie no spark) or would the whole thing fail giving no spark to all cylinders - thanks ...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I have no spark going to one of my cylinders - it has a new coil and HT lead on it, but still no spark - can the power pack be faulty for just one cylinder (ie no spark) or would the whole thing fail giving no spark to all cylinders -

Yes it can... BUT... before putting out the $$$, check the pin/sockets within the rubber connectors as they have been known to back out just enough to cause weak, erratic, or no spark on individual cylinders.

Thanks,

Does anywhere sell second hand / used parts, I'd rather buy a cheapy that works and then a new one later when I know its the power pack...

A little far away.----I likely have a dozen or more good used packs here.----contact------- evinrudeparts.ca-----they may offer some helpful information.

Back