Logo

0585023 Temperature Sensor Evinrude Johnson OEM 0585023

Ray1234

From Australia
I believe this switch needs changing.
[h=2]OEM 0585023[/h]Evinrude Elan, 1995-6, BE35QLEDC

Need help or suggestions for alternatives.
Can not find it anywhere..

many, many thanks.

Last edited:
The world started getting smaller very fast right around 1980. I'm in Florida, my son is in Texas... He might as well be next-door. Yep, that's something.

Quick??... I didn't notice that time gap. Ha, two minutes! Like I was waiting on your doorstep. :)

The world started getting smaller very fast right around 1980. I'm in Florida, my son is in Texas... He might as well be next-door. Yep, that's something.

Quick??... I didn't notice that time gap. Ha, two minutes! Like I was waiting on your doorstep. :)

The more I exchange with you the more I would like to meet you and racerone for a cold pint, I heard the Australians like it too!

Well I went into the archives and did not find it for July 16, is our Australian friend going to find it?
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?457663-Obsolete-temperature-switch-what-are-the-options&goto=newpost
[/FONT]Tried to copy the link from my Email but does not seem to work?

Last edited:
Found it dated August 14 2019

Yeah, I was looking at that yesterday and wondered if you were in error about the date. I copied your hyperlink, pasted it in the Internet command window [ENTER] and that brought it all up for me. Glad you found it... . it's that Canadian Beer that keeps changing the dates! :)

Yeah, I was looking at that yesterday and wondered if you were in error about the date. I copied your hyperlink, pasted it in the Internet command window [ENTER] and that brought it all up for me. Glad you found it... . it's that Canadian Beer that keeps changing the dates! :)
Well that's the way to find a thread easily! So now our Australian friend should find it easily by entering the hyperlink in a search engine, thanks

Okay, here is the work around, this unit has the quick start, black and white and sensor Brown blue. We can disconnect the Black White Quick Start, and use the Brown blue sensor (temperature) only. The CDI will work even if the 0585023 is failing. There is no need to use the quick start according to experts, I will update on using an alternative to the 0585023. Also, when the Black White Quick start line is cut, just ground it to the cylinder head, this will over ride the quick start system. I am also buying a Sensor switch without the quick start line, this ensure we have essential outer block heat sensor working. Will update when I have more. I was thinking that we could get a similar sensor and just connect it to the wires.

You must realize that there are many similar switches.-----The wires attached to them are different.-----That gives them a different part #.-----Need to cut / solder wires ETC.-----A good boat shop will help you.-----Online parts sellers do not know what fits what !!!

Back