Logo

2007 200 hp hpdi Yamaha

Dennistowers

I have a 2007 Yamaha 200 hp hpdi with electric issue. When I turn the key to start the starter solenoid just clatter and the starter gear engages but no power to starter motor, I am getting good power from the battery to solenoid but no powers from solenoid to starter motor, all the fuses are good, what ever the issue is at all so affecting the tilt as it only work intermittently. My question is would the starter relay affect my tilt. Or bad solenoid, new starter and solenoid two months ago, Yamaha parts. Batteries are new and full charged. I attempted to jump the starter with a alternate power source and nothing. Cables were my first choice but are carrying normal volts, battery transfer switch in good order. Other than the solenoid clicking I can hear the tilt relay switch click, starter relay is quiet. Any thoughts. I can 500 ponies out a Chevy 350 but no much on Yamaha outboard. Would like some thoughts before I run it to shop. Thank you

Ran a good battery remote to solenoid nothing, no power to starter so I am guessing that Yamaha warranty is in order. Pretty sure problem solved

Back