Logo

1977 amf crestliner apollo 660, Help!?!?!

Na8en101

Regular Contributor
I have just restored my 1977 amf/crestliner apollo 660 16' with a 1977 85 h.p EVINRUDE, As this is my first boat bigger then a row boat , I have had no idea about anything with boats wiring etc..., so I have learned alot by doing everything myself. Me and my family can't afford to take it in to get fixed, anyways enough rambling, so is was pretty proud of myself for getting the boat in great condition, one thing that never crossed my mind is the bilge pump, I have looked everywhere I have the clymer manual for the engine but no information about the bilge pump, Do I have one? Do I need one? Where would it be located ? If I do have one how do I test it ? , sorry ahead of time if there questions seem stupid , I'm pretty handy with my tools I never take me or the wifes vehicles in I do all the work myself so if it something with in reason I can do it , someone please help me , i would appreciate it, I just dont want to put it on without a resolution, THANKS

Ayuh,..... A bilge pump will be in the aft area of the bilge, where water collects,......

If you haven't seen it, there probably isn't one there,.....

Just add one,.....

So If i were looking for a bilge pump would I cut out some of the floor, I am researching online and not getting much as far as adding or locating the pump any information to point me in the right direction would he much appreciated , sorry if these questions seem stupid this is my first actual boat its been a learning curve

So I am unable to post pictures I dont know if I am doing something wrong or what, but anyways after examining other photos online there appears to be a wooden lattice type thing right in the middle of the boat floor, mine doesnt have that is that were one would put the bilge pump? Do I have to make something like this?

Last edited:
Naw,..... In yer boat, pull the cover under the motor, behind that battery, under the splashwell,......

There should be a depression where the hull plug goes through the transom,.....
That's where the water collects, 'n where you'd put a bilge pump,....

Back