Logo

Help help please !!!!!!

magnoman

Have a 03 Yami F225 about 700 hours .

Few weeks ago was in 5 mph zone motor started to run rough spit sputter stalled . Tried to start would crank for bit then run for few seconds then stall ( seems like fuel issue to me ). Got sea-towed in .

Cleaned VST , replaced all filters , checked for water in gas , tried another ECU , checked every fuse and wire connector, N safety switch .
Fuel rails have fuel and pressure . Pulled fuel feed hose to rails and ran HP pump with YDS fuel is coming out of VST tank .
Did every static test with YDS software all checked out .

Been waiting two weeks for Yamaha service tech to come out ...

I have had this motor for over ten years know it very well I am a tried auto mechanic and think I am pretty good but I am baffled by this one .

A 2003 F225 falls right into the midsection rot scope. Inspect the midsection. Drop the lower and use a bore camera.

Mid section was done few years ago.

Described the issue to Certified Master Yamaha tech near me he said should like fuel control . He is scheduled to come for service call but has been over a week boat been down for over two weeks
My gut feeling is it's ECU ..

So had tech come today (finally ) He checked all systems as I did . have spark while cranking , have compression , have 40psi fuel pressure @ rail and can fire injectors and pressure falls indicating they are flowing . He changed ISC valve ( no change ) Pulled plugs looked ok but plugs are not wet with fuel ? (dry ) ?

I even tried a few other injectors I had . replaced ECU no change . So at this point they want me to have boat towed to there shop so they can work on it more ?
Not sure what more they can do at shop but seem this is baffling everyone ..

dry plugs is fine as long as they have been firing. wet plugs are a problem! I would say its the ignition conking out under higher rpms. that is the way they behave. had another motor and it was fine under lower rpms, but would not go to higher rpms worth a can of beans. check your ignition under higher rpms. usually electrical problems happen this suddenly, not fuel. you also may have a wire shorting under the vibrations, and it conks out the ecu.

Back