Logo

New Mercury 2017 9.9 pro kicker ?s

TheBrain

Regular Contributor
New Mercury 2017 9.9 pro kicker ?s so far I have very limited knowledge of the merc.

this will be the first kicker I've mounted.

I’m purchasing a new to me kicker a merc. None tiller. Control box mounted inside cabin.
The cables & wires from the binnacle are only 10’ way to short by 10’

I assume the electric trim is in the same harness as the throttle.

1.how is the throttle controlled though wire electrically?
2.can the electrical wires be extended either by me or an extension from merc.?

3.Will a starboard mounted kicker setback the length of the garlic bracket interfere w/ the starboard mounted transducer?
4.the fuel fitting on the merc. Looks just like the fitting ontop of my 5 gallon fuel tank are they infact the same?
Thanks for advice TB

Attachments

• control wire ss.jpg
    control wire ss.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 19
  • control wire2 square.jpg
    control wire2 square.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Thumb (1).jpg
    Thumb (1).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15
I bought the merc. fuel fitting it doe's appear a tad different compared to the evinrude.

still waiting on merc advice on longer gear shift cable. the engine will come w/ a steering cable probablley won't use it.hopefully I can extend the wire harness and just buy a longer shift cable curious if the original inboard outboard cable has the same merc ends as the new binical?

plan to attach kicker to main engine w/ rod for steering. will this rod have to be removed each time the kicker is raised for stowing?

depending on how much setback is required for full trim up, if it's less than 7.5"s I could fad a stainless steel fixed mount. thanks for any usable advice on kickers.

Attachments

• binacal1.jpg
    binacal1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
bad news incomplete engine missing electrical piece that plugs into the white square terminator.

there is a large round wire harness the extension plugs into round opposite end is the white square what plugs into this terminator?

was able to shift into neutral wasn't able to pull rope start kept pulling engine up off stand was expecting the engine to roll over w/ fuel pumped in it should have cranked w/ the pull cord it felt like it was locked up this a almost new engine.

addtionaly the binical has two black wires I'm thinking it's for the ignition then there two more yellow wires.

there is a run button on the binacle: yet to understand where to plug these wires in any advice is appreciated.

I have since walked away from this used deal.TB

Attachments

• control wire ss.jpg
    control wire ss.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 18
  • control wire2 square.jpg
    control wire2 square.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 9.9 2s.jpg
    9.9 2s.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 15
Back