Logo

New Transom Shield

snavetoo

I have just fitted a new transom shield to my Regal it's an Alpha one gen2 and where the fibre washer would be fitted on the old one their is a piece of moulded plastic/rubber in the place where the washer would go.
It is the same thickness as the washer so am I right in thinking this now takes the place of the fibre washer.
I am still using my old engine mounts so I assume will still need to fit the spring washer under the engine mount.

I have just fitted a new transom shield to my Regal it's an Alpha one gen2 and where the fibre washer would be fitted on the old one their is a piece of moulded plastic/rubber in the place where the washer would go.
It is the same thickness as the washer so am I right in thinking this now takes the place of the fibre washer.
I am still using my old engine mounts so I assume will still need to fit the spring washer under the engine mount.

See page 3 here.

https://docplayer.net/39586159-Alpha-and-bravo-transom-assemblies.html

After installation, you will want to check/re-align the engine drive coupler against the upper gear unit's splined shaft.

Drive Coupler alignment explained 4.jpg

Drive Coupler alignment explained 5.jpg

Last edited:

Chances are your old engine mounts in the bell/flywheel cover have sagged. I would replace them with the new style mount and remove the spring spacers. Also get the shims that go under the new mounts, you may need them for proper alignment.

Back