Logo

On vaca day 3 and BF225 died on water any help would be great best- Thank you

megabiite

2004 BF225 1400 HRS motor runs like new was just coming in from a 3 hr ride all was good then BOOM shutdown.
I have volt meter and know how to use it, I pulled cowel and see 13 volts to the main starter wire.
I check all fuses on starboard side all good. but no power to fuse bank. Trim also dead from both rocker switch and and dash switch.
The ignition switch does nothing 100 % dead.

Where should I check voltage next?

Battery switch and Battery supply wires look great all clean and tight.
I have some tools and a volt meter but stuck down on big pine in fl keys please add suggestion if you want to help a guy out.

Thank you.

P.S. been reading this forum for years and saved me lots of time and money Thanks Honda dude "mike"

Last edited:
First thing - inspect your kill switch. Work it in and out a bunch of times and then replace the yoke. Try to start. If that doesn't work, pull the kill switch and disconnect the wires. Try again.

When you turn on the key switch, do the gauges come on? If not, above the fuse box there is a separate box holding the 150 amp fuse. Check that.

Do you have a battery selector switch installed? If so, by pass it and try that. You can use auto jumper cables to bypass it.

2004 BF225 1400 HRS motor runs like new was just coming in from a 3 hr ride all was good then BOOM shutdown.
I have volt meter and know how to use it, I pulled cowel and see 13 volts to the main starter wire.
I check all fuses on starboard side all good. but no power to fuse bank. Trim also dead from both rocker switch and and dash switch.
The ignition switch does nothing 100 % dead.

Where should I check voltage next?

Battery switch and Battery supply wires look great all clean and tight.
I have some tools and a volt meter but stuck down on big pine in fl keys please add suggestion if you want to help a guy out.

Thank you.

P.S. been reading this forum for years and saved me lots of time and money Thanks Honda dude "mike"

Found issues the small main + wire was broken inside transom loom thanks you for all the offers to help!!!

Back