Logo

1991 Four Winns Sterndrive Outdrive Issue

Scoop374

Today I started my boat on a pair of muffs and when it was running water was shooting out of a screw at the top of the outdrive. I tried to tighten the screw and it fell out. When I tried to put it back in I could see that the threads were laying down and I wasn’t able to get it threaded back in. Does anyone has any suggestions or do I have to remove the entire outdrive? Thank you.

Shawn

you talking about this screw in the center of the port side of the upper gear housing...that's covering a water passage in the upper gear housing from the water pump to the transom mount. Yes you need to pull the drive off to repair that, there is a retaining plate inside that fell down in the water passage. When you put it back together use gasket sealer on the seals that should be there.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/56297.cfm?mdl=ITALGD

parts # 58 etc in this pic...note that its actaully on the other side, from what it shows in the pic...port side....
[/FONT]

Back