Logo

Mercury 60hp

Popa Ray

Hi
I have a 60hp mercury two stroke two carb with clamshell cowling. Belgium made .serial number 09602824
I'm having a hard time finding the exact year and model of this outboard. I would like to find a parts and service manual but not sure if it's a 1989 90 or 91.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Ray

Thanks for the reply Graham, it's very confusing as models changed around that time.i need a manual but obviously the correct one.
Ray

Ok guys I'm at a loss as how to proceed with my enquirie.
I need either a service manual or parts manual for this motor to try to solve a problem of it dying past quarter throttle under load although it revs up when in neutral. I live over two hundred miles from my boat so need to go prepared. I have to add that sometimes it momentarily comes in at full throttle.
Any help will be much appreciated
Ray

According to the parts lookup @Mercury Marine's website your part catalog number is 90-16404. I have a book with the years of serial numbers but it does not do Belgium, only US and Canada. However, the 60hp engines from US and Canada that share that same catalog are 1988-1990. The service manual you need for that engine would be the same as those engines, and is part number 90-86135-5. You can access the parts breakdowns yourself by going to the Mercury Marine website and clicking 'parts and accessories', then 'parts catalog', then 'launch parts catalog'. You have to manually search on the left side but go to '2 stroke carb', then '60hp (3cyl)', then '[9469200 thru 9683054] - Belgium - Cat.#90-16404'. Hope that helps.

Hi Frankllin
Thank you for your help. I have located a service manual in USA although expensive I'm hoping it will help me sort the problem out.
I'll probably have to ask more questions ,till then thanks.
Ray

Back