Logo

Am i in the right place with my 93 sport jet 90 HP? im so confused

Ctaylor2069

Im working on a 93 sea ray with the (force)(merc) sportjet 90hp. I am getting no spark. I have the new red stator, and trigger. I am getting proper readings, ( based off what i have read online) I am leaning toward the shift switch. based on the tests i have done. I am curious if there is a way to test the shift switch or the coils. And if im in the wrong pllace i do apologize, please for the love of god someone help me. haha
cheers

The problem may be in the control box. Disconnect the harness at the engine. With the plugs out jump the start solenoid. And check for spark.

The problem may be in the control box. Disconnect the harness at the engine. With the plugs out jump the start solenoid. And check for spark.

What is the control box? Could you give me wire colors? Or do u mean disconnect the whole wiring harness on the side of the block? Thanks

Why do you think you have a shift switch? I would check the ignition switch and the safety lanyard.

I have installed a new ignition and I have tested the lanyard. Both check out . It has new red stator and CDI trigger which both check out also. I have tried unplugging the black/yellow wire and still not getting any spark. So the forums I have read talk about the shift switch with the "candy bar" which I have. So that's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't think it's a coil because the odds of 3 bad coils are slim.

If you get spark. You have a problem at the dash. Ie ignition switch or kill switch. If you dont get spark. The problem is at the motor

Back