Logo

BF50A loss of power at top end

thich

hey guys.
new to outboards, and this forum, but not motors, so this is baffling to me.

i have a BF50A on an 18' Eastern Center Console that was running great last year, but the middle carb developed a frozen choke valve. i replaced it along with a new water separator, oil, impeller, lower unit oil, and ran it dry on VP before the winter. now that im in the water (carbs synced) it seems to be starved for fuel. it tops out at 7/8 throttle and then stumbles the rest of the way. i have no tach, but im getting up to 15-16kts, compared to 23+ last year.

recently ive replaced the inline fuel filter, replaced the hose from the separator to the motor, new ball, bypassed the quick disconnect, checked the anti-siphon valve, checked the tank vent, used a good working external tank, new plugs, replaced the fuel pump with a spare (unknown condition, but looks nearly new), the 2 older carbs were ultra-sounded along with a few o-rings being replaced,. ive also sprayed it with ether with no change in idle.

im truly at a loss here. im about to start replacing all the hoses in the motor for lack of better ideas.

Back