Logo

Oil Plug & Gear Plug Washers & O-Rings

AAAquaman

I'm new to outboards but not to engines. I am gathering materials & supplies to do my first 20hr oil change and lower gear oil change on my 2017 Honda BF100. I purchased it last fall and it has performed flawlessly as my Honda cars have.

I am looking for an on-line US source for the oil plug washer and for the gear case plugs o-rings. Any suggestions? I suspect an auto part from a 1.5L will be the same but don't know. Any part numbers? The service manual does not list part numbers or sizes for these.

I have a Honda dealer in town (not where I purchased my boat - which is an hour away.) I went in and purchased most of my supplies in town as I wanted to keep the local brick & mortar guy in business. They claimed to be out of the oil drain washers. (A bit suspect as they do a lot of service here.) I also asked about having them do the service and the counter guy stated they don't use the washer on the oil plug just put it back in!??? As a former ASE auto tech I was stunned. When I asked if they have oil leaks into the lake due to this practice he said no.

Thank you all. I am new to posting here but have been following for a year.

Go to www.boats.net, select Honda, and pick you engine size and year. Pull up the parts diagram you need for those parts and record the part numbers. Then order them all at once. They have the cheapest prices in the US and ship fast.

Well, I went to boats.net to check for you and they have what I call a "snafu" when it comes to their 100hp parts directory. It looks to me as if they have mistakenly listed the old B100 10hp outboards where yours should be.

In this case though, since you only seek the engine oil drain plug gasket and the gear case drain and fill screw orings, you can use the page for the 115hp and get what you need. See below:

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...ange/115hp/bf115ak0-la-2007-and-later/oil-pan

The link above shows item 23 as the engine oil drain plug gasket. Part number 90601-ZE2-000.

The link below shows items 26, part number 91301-ZW4-003 as the orings for the gear case drain and fill screws.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...ge/115hp/bf115ak0-la-2007-and-later/gear-case

I'm not an expert on this but I also looked at the 90hp outboard and the same parts are used on that one too. So, if the 115 hp outboard doesn't look like your 100hp then go to the 90hp listing and take a look. I'm guessing your base engine resembles one or the other.

I also looked at a 135hp drain plug gasket and gear case drain and fill screw orings and the part numbers are the same as well. It looks like Honda standardized those items for a wide range of models.

Good luck.

Thank you guys. Most appreciated. I had looked at the BF 100 @ boats.net. The BF 90 & BF 100 are same engine. BF 100 requires 91 octane and I imagine it has higher compression but have not looked it up yet.

Everything is on order.

Thanks again from New York's Finger Lakes!

Back