Logo

Bravo 3 slow to engage forward

Chobbs70

So, I have a 2016 Chaparral with a Bravo3, 150ish hrs. Accidentally closed engine hatch with a small toolbox sitting on top of the front engine cover, no big deal, no broken plastic or anything, however now my drive is slow to engage into forward 5-8 seconds for prop to start turning.

Is this a coincidence? and just need to adjust my shift cable? or did it tweak something related to the shift cable? (thinking the shift cable comes from back side of engine) boat at my marina in dry stack , just trying to determine the time involved to repair (just go early some morning to adjust or do I need to plan a day and put on trailer and bring home etc?)

Thanks in Advance

It's quite possible that you bent something on the engine...the brackets aren't made to have a hatch cover come down on them. You might have to remove some items to find where the damage lies.

Yeah, that's what I am leaning to since it came on overnight (literally) shifted fine the night before , then next day it started the delay. Shouldn't be too hard to track and the adjustment should it be needed looks fairly straight forward also.

Back