Logo

Oil pressure sender Marine 360

Is there a particular single station oil pressure sender needed for 360s?
Minus the TPT size ( usually 1/8" tapered pipe threads), the sender will be specific to either dual or single stations. In other words, if the sender is operating one instrument only, it must be a single station sender.

It may also be specific to the brand of helm instrument.
However, in general most senders are capable of operating an array of instrument brands.
Identify your gauge, look up the specs and see if the sender resistance value is a match.

Googling doesn't really turn up much other than 5 different senders, if I had to guess its just a generic 80 psi one wire sender with 1/8" NPT like this:
It will be using TPT..... tapered pipe threads.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...qCr6vWK0RjUdg561feTib7YFfWzXCStxoCMEoQAvD_BwE

The Summit info is rather vague. They make no mention as to whether this is for a dual or single station.
I'd
give them a phone call or find another supplier.

Oil Pressure Sender, Oil Pressure, 80 psi, 1/8 in. NPT, Each

Q: is this the type 3 sending unit? starts at 240 ohm?

Asked by JEFF on August 02, 2018
A:Thank you for your question. The Sierra Marine 18-5899 oil pressure sending unit has a 240 ohm resistance when not under pressure. At full pressure, it measures 33 ohms.
from-sre.jpg
Summit Racing Answer - August 29, 2018

The Summit info is rather vague. They make no mention as to whether this is for a dual or single station.
I'd
give them a phone call or find another supplier.

Its single station. I have the exact same one on my Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI MIE in my Mako 23. :)

Its single station. I have the exact same one on my Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI MIE in my Mako 23. :)

Understood.
I was explaining that Summit is vague regarding dual or single station.

If you have the exact same unit in another single station boat, and if the instrument's ohm requirement is the same on each boat, it should work.

Back