Logo

Tilt & Trim issue

jfrey45

I have a 2009 Yamaha 60 hp 4 stroke outboard with a single piston tilt unit. I disassembled the unit to replace the end cap seal that was leaking. In doing so now the unit does not stop the engine from kicking up when in reverse, which it did correctly before. This unit has the spall ball bearings that fall out when dissembling, which I did not lose and of, and no o rings were replaced, only the top seal.
Any thoughts on why it docent hold the engine down now.

Jeff

After refilling hydro did you de-air system? Sounds like you're a DIY'er....I highly recommend buying a model/year specific service manual to guide you thru your reps

I have a 2009 Yamaha 60 hp 4 stroke outboard with a single piston tilt unit. I disassembled the unit to replace the end cap seal that was leaking. In doing so now the unit does not stop the engine from kicking up when in reverse, which it did correctly before. This unit has the spall ball bearings that fall out when dissembling, which I did not lose and of, and no o rings were replaced, only the top seal.
Any thoughts on why it docent hold the engine down now.

Jeff
I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find out what the problem was? Somebody please help!

Back