Logo

regular carpet vs padded options, seat options

Erupert66

bringing a bass boat back to life. tore off all of the carpet. I was just going to lay carpet again and my buddy who fishes tournaments and such said I should spend a bit more and get the padded stuff, especially for the front area where you stand the most. I looked around on the web but most seemed to be stick downs designed for center consoles with a plastic floor. Anyone do this and have some pics and a manufacturer/product name to share?

second question - seats. talking to same buddy and mentioned that I found seats here - https://www.bassboatseats.com for only $279. he said that I should be putting money into, at a min, the drivers seat because you can really hurt your back if you are hauling it and hit some chop ( fish on the upper Chesapeake ). I've got a 17.5 w a 150HP engine so it's def going to haul. I have no bay or fast boat experience. Waterskied on lakes all my teen/young adult years and lake fish now because I don't have a boat capable for the bay. I don't plan to drive like an idiot but would like some recommendations on this topic and how to figure out what seat is well padded as most stuff is online these days.

Thanks!

Back