Logo

Yamaha F115 Problem - after bad gas

slharman1

I did a terrible thing and left ethanol gas sitting in my 2006 Crest Pontoon with a Yamaha F115 for 2 years!
Then even more stupid I took it out added fresh fuel and went on the lake.
Problem I am having is not able to run at WOT.

I have since emptied the bad gas and added non-ethanol gas and a can of seafoam, (20gallons of fuel), changed the water separator, and cleaned the fuel filter.

Also, The gas lines, tank, ect are all original.

It runs good at first but as the motor get warmed up it gets worse.

My question is this:
Obviously I have some gunk in the system but does anyone think this could be do to having a leak in the fuel system somewhere sucking air and starving it if fuel on high demand?

Any help for this new owner would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks

Does it run good at lower rpms, and when rpms are increased and more fuel is demand is when it gets worse? Or is it the same at any range until it warms up?

Does it run good at lower rpms, and when rpms are increased and more fuel is demand is when it gets worse? Or is it the same at any range until it warms up?
It runs great with the fake lake on or in the water at low rpms, and it even runs good for about 10 minutes at high rpms - then it starts bogging down and
and i have to back off the throttle to 4 or 5 rpms.
I am thinking I have clogged everything up with the bad gas but I'm not sure.
Thanks

I would check your fuel lines and make sure there are not blocks/restrictions any where and i would also check the vst filter.

I would check your fuel lines and make sure there are not blocks/restrictions any where and i would also check the vst filter.
I've got a new VST Filter and gas lines, a new set of injectors coming also.
But.... I was thinking about mixing 1/2 gallon of Seafoam with 1/2 gallon of gas and running that through to see if it will clear things up.
What I don't know is if the motor relies on the fuel pump in my 20 gallon boat mounted gas tank and if it is even possible to run the gas line into a gas can and expect to get enough gas for running it on a fake lake connector on the lower unit.

What do you think about that idea?
Thanks again!

I went through fits with my F115 because of water and crap in the gas. Replaced the injectors and all was fine. You can get the injectors on EBay for $10 each vs mucho from Yamaha. Easy to put in too. Only 3 bolts holds the injector rail in place. Hope this helps.

Back