Logo

Tiller to Remote

larrywtucker

I have an F25 short shaft tiller with electric start. I am interested in converting it to a stick steering remote. Has anybody done this and do they offer a kit?

Yamaha has offered F25's since 1998. 20 years now. Where did the time go?

Any chance of you giving us the complete model identity or are those last few letters too difficult to type?

*have an F25 short shaft tiller with electric start. I am interested in converting it to a stick steering remote. Has anybody done this and do they offer a kit?

Model F25SEHA
68PK S 1035062

I am presuming that you are outside of the USA. Or that the motor was not distributed by a Yamaha dealer within the USA.

There is a remote control mechanical conversion kit. Part number 6BL-48501-00-00. To which you buy and add the control cables and the remote control box.

A steering hook is needed. Part number 65W-48511-01-00. And a steering link. Part number 6BG-61350-00-00. To which you will add the steering system of your choice.

Now if you are looking for remote start and stop that is another matter altogether.

For the electrics you will have to inspect and compare the Yamaha parts catalog for your model to the remote start equivalent model. An F25SEA. Determine the differences. Remove the stuff used on your model that is not used on the F25SEA model and then install the stuff that is used on the F25SEA model that is not used on your model.

Wire harness, neutral safety switch, starting switch, etc..

Get the ole wallet ready. Gonna cost you some bucks.

Yamaha 703 control box, two control cables, Yamaha misc parts probably around a grand.

Steering system not included.

Back