Logo

Pee hole clogged?

My SAE

Hi all,

First-timer here. I have a 6 yr old Yamaha 250 4-stroke. Motor runs great and I keep it professionally maintained. However, this last weekend I noticed no stream from the "pee" hole." Now the motor ran great and no temp alarm activated. But when I got the boat back on the lift and gave it a fresh water rinse (as I always do!) there still was no stream. Very odd as the motor rinsed clean, with a stream, after the last outing. I'm thinking there's gotta be a clog. So, with that in mind, what do I need to do. Thanks!!

Since the motor didn't overheat yet no telltale stream I reckon you do have an obstruction. Both ends of telltale hose can be removed. You'll want to clear hose from engine side. Grab a bottle of compressed air and do work.

Thank you, especially Ed! I have a lot of wasps, and nests, around my boat. It wouldn't surprise me to find them clogging that pipe.

Had a 5 foot length of gas line hanging in my garage for siphoning gas out of my boat tanks; hadn't used it in many years; needed to use it and tried to blow thru it to check it; clogged with wasp nest at one end; used a metal rod to poke it open.

Back