Logo

Classic 50

Primer bulb must go hard when carburetors are full of fuel.------Once motor starts there is no need for the bulb to be hard.-------Best tell about your motor.----What is it doing / not doing ?

Primer bulb must go hard when carburetors are full of fuel.------Once motor starts there is no need for the bulb to be hard.-------Best tell about your motor.----What is it doing / not doing ?
Forgive me sir I still have the carbs on my workbench and they look extremely clean but originally the boat had sat seven years not running. After fogging the cylinders and fresh fuel, it only had idle speed when in gear or out. Ran it several minutes with no increase in rpms and bad to stall after several minutes of water hose or lake. Bulb would harden while filling carbs. Prior to removing carbs yesterday, I ran it hoping seafoam had loosened things up but noticed the bulb would not harden. Filter's clean, lines look good although will replace so maybe I wasted your time until carbs are back on. Does the needle valve supposed to have a rubber like tip on it? Trying to get educated here. Thanks for your help.

Back