Logo

Water detection

iang6766

Advanced Contributor
I just thought I would post something of interest to all outboard owners particularly with built in fuel tanks. I have not read anything here and it may not be new, but I have come across what is called a water separator smart bowl that fits most standard separators. It comes with a water sensor, cable and alarm, you simply replace the existing bowl with the smart bowl, run the wire with alarm to the dash, provide a 12 volt supply and you have yourself a water in fuel warning system.I own a current model BF200 AK3 where Honda in their wisdom fitted the water detecting bowl at the back of the motor next to the vapor separator necessitating partial removal of the lower port cowl, not fun when in a meter or so chop. This innovative alarm system will warn you of the presence of water in the separator, long before it gets into the motor fuel line, simply requiring the operator to drain off the water into a container, no fuss, no mess.

Thanks. Apparently not yet available in North America. At least I was not able to find it using Google Search. I'll keep looking because it's a great idea.

Back