Logo

Honda BF40 stall

boatersfun33

Hi, I experience a problem on my 2013 bf40 that engine stall one time after a long day of boating while cruising back home. It started again but made me worried. I run my engine this week after 1 year and half for a while using a big container run a water hose while running the engine, tried high RPM for 5 min. bring it back to 1.5 RPM again for a while. After a while engine died. I started it it run for a while and stop again like loosing gas. But if I wait for 5 minutes it will run but after 3 minutes same thing happens. After 2 days I run the engine again this time using a hose connected to water motor flusher. I run it for a high RPM for 5 minutes and low RPM. Back to high again and low again. I shut off the engine after 44 minutes running without a problem. Is there anyone have a suggestion or same issues like mine? I read one in the Forum but he said the dealer fix it and I wonder what did they do. I been servicing and fixing my outboard because shop cost too much money. Please help. Thank you.

Hi, I experience a problem on my 2013 bf40 that engine stall one time after a long day of boating while cruising back home. It started again but made me worried. I run my engine this week after 1 year and half for a while using a big container run a water hose while running the engine, tried high RPM for 5 min. bring it back to 1.5 RPM again for a while. After a while engine died. I started it it run for a while and stop again like loosing gas. But if I wait for 5 minutes it will run but after 3 minutes same thing happens. After 2 days I run the engine again this time using a hose connected to water motor flusher. I run it for a high RPM for 5 minutes and low RPM. Back to high again and low again. I shut off the engine after 44 minutes running without a problem. Is there anyone have a suggestion or same issues like mine? I read one in the Forum but he said the dealer fix it and I wonder what did they do. I been servicing and fixing my outboard because shop cost too much money. Please help. Thank you.

i tried replacing all that I could on my bf40 but there is just too much in the fuel injection system for me to mess with. My advice is to take it to the dealer. They warranties the work for me. Even if I had to pay for it would have only been around $200.

Back