Logo

What do I have?

Bourmanr

Trying to figure out what engine/lower unit combo I have, I was told it’s a 1991 130 hp. Not sure on the generation of the lower unit though. The numbers on the engine by the starter are 14097080 108 91. And the only numbers on the lower unit are A535546. These were the numbers under the serial number sticker, it fell off and was unreadable. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I’m trying to get er back on the water. Thanks Bob

130 hp = inline 4 cylinder engine.
1991 should be Alpha One Gen II outdrive.

Pictures would say for sure..

You may want to post a picture of the drive. My 1991 boat had a gen I drive, just need to be careful in the cross over years , or get drive number off the drive just below oil fill hole on left hand side

The boat is actually an 86 model but the previous owner stayed that before I got it they put a new motor and lower unit on it, and that was like in 2015.

If '86 and upper half of outdrive is original, then it is a alpha one gen I

Gen I and Gen II are NOT interchangable.

Next time include year of boat.

All that happened was the lower was changed in 1991.

The year it was replaced has ZERO effect on model/generation.. as I said gen I and gen II are not interchangable

Pictures I have found looks like it is a gen 2, when they replaced the motor and drive they did everything evidently. I don’t know, think I’ll just take it to the marine shop and they can figure it out....all it needs is the shift cable and bellows....

Ok good luck.
Next time try to post the Exact specifics.

1986 boat
Complete outDrive and engine replaced in 1991 (new 1991(components).

The way you posted did not lead to that understanding.

You Said "LOWER" only.... and I didnt see anything about a new engine only you were told it was a 1991.
Then you said boat was '86

Very confusing and with no pictures, no one can tell you anything.

The differences are easy to see.
Alpha 1 gen II has 4 large bolts and nuts visable holding upper and lower gear cases together.
Gen I you can only see two nuts towards front of drive in "pockets" holding upper and lower together.
Also Gen II cavitation plate is larger and square compaired to Gen I.

Back