Logo

1995 150 fuel problem? HELP PLEASE

Daver Stank

Guys please help! I have a 1995 Evinrude 150 intruder. problem is, she not intruding anything .The boat seems to have been well maintained with one owner. I've taken it out a couple times and got it to do about 18 mph one time the very first time I took it out. Then it seemed to just give out and will not go at all. it will start no problem with ear muffs and sounds great. but put it under a load and she will still start easily but coughs and chokes and backfires ,misses, and it seems to be running extremely rich in my opinion.
after I let it warm for a few minutes then when I put put her in gear and if I give it any throttle at all she dies. but she will start right back up. I've replaced multiple fuel lines that looked cracked and I pulled the fuel tank and cleaned it out in hopes that bad fuel was the problem. before the fuel tank extraction I could hear what seemed to be an air leak at the fuel lift tube coming out of the tank . I fixed it to be sealed. I replaced the plugs ,I checked the continuity of the plug wires. I also did an air leak test per the Evinrude Manuel as best I could starting at the tank and ended at the fuel line going out of the fuel pump.i tried to check the air pressure coming from the pump with an air gauge but I can't get the motor to go at all in gear so I don't think I'm getting a true reading of the fuel pressure.
fellas I'm obviously no boat mechanic but I'm full of drive and willingness to learn I just don't. know where to go now. Please advise. By the way she jus a 1995 Evinrude 150 . I am certain from looking at the Manuel it is a 60 degree looper. with 3 carbs on each.side with fuel rails.Please advise... thanks

Back