Logo

Fuel injection rated fuel hose on mercruiser 4.3

Mjtwhaven

I have a 1991 Mercruiser 4.3 2 Barrel inboard. I replaced the fuel line between the fuel pump in the gas tank and added a fuel water separator my question is I used 3/8 hose from AutoZone that is fuel injected rated so it's more dense than the carbureted stuff do you think it will be a problem? Is it going to collapse? Is it a fire hazard? Or am I just overthinking it?

You want hose with a marine A1 rating would say so on the hose. I think the difference between it and automotive hose is permeation of fuel vapors and resistance to fire. Some auto parts stores in boating areas may sell it but unless you ask for it you likely got automotive hose

I have a 1991 Mercruiser 4.3 2 Barrel inboard. I replaced the fuel line between the fuel pump in the gas tank and added a fuel water separator my question is I used 3/8 hose from AutoZone that is fuel injected rated so it's more dense than the carbureted stuff do you think it will be a problem? Is it going to collapse? Is it a fire hazard? Or am I just overthinking it?

Like Dieter said, A1 Marine fuel line only. Anything else is a fire hazard and a large fine if you get inspected.

Back