Logo

Audible Alarm Volvo Penta 5.0 GXI B

SuperSue

When I turn my key on, not over....just turn the key on, my Audible Alarm starts BEEPING and will not stop.....The engine is not even started yet...Just turn the key on....I have started it and the beeping continues...
I know that the manual states low oil pressure or high water temp....but ALL my gauges are reading just fine (normal)

Does anyone have an answer?? I have just had a brand new, very expensive outdrive installed and have not even gotten to take the boat out for a ride!

Looking for any help....any suggestions!!

Don't know how this one is wired, however, a disconnected wire to an alarm sensor usually causes the alarm to sound. In your case, at least no oil pressure and high water temp. There may be others. Since you have no oil pressure when key is turn on but not started, an alarm condition is correct.

When I turn my key on, not over....just turn the key on, my Audible Alarm starts BEEPING and will not stop.....The engine is not even started yet...Just turn the key on....I have started it and the beeping continues...
I know that the manual states low oil pressure or high water temp....but ALL my gauges are reading just fine (normal)

Does anyone have an answer?? I have just had a brand new, very expensive outdrive installed and have not even gotten to take the boat out for a ride!

Looking for any help....any suggestions!!

I have this exact same issue with my 5.7gl pefs. I assumed I had a bad temp switch because I was td to test ohms through it, and the switch read nothing. Got the new switch and it reads exact same. Alarm still audible continued beep beep but all gauges read fine. Beep starts before engine start and continues through engine run. It started out on the water and idle. Boat ran fine all the way back to the dock.

Back