Logo

1997 40hp oil injection bypass

sgms18

I know the oil injection bypass thing has been beat to death. I don't wana have the bypass or don't bypass conversation. I bought a motor that was already bypassed. The tank & bracket are gone & im not going buy the parts to redo the oil injection. I was rebuilding carbs & decided to pull off the oil pump to see if whoever did the bypass removed the shaft & they did not. It was still there. Id rather put it back together with a block off plate instead of putting the pump back on. Problem is I can't find one listed for the outboards, they are all for jetskis. Does anyone know of a plate for the outboards? Specifically a 1997 40tlrv.

I know the oil injection bypass thing has been beat to death. I don't wana have the bypass or don't bypass conversation. I bought a motor that was already bypassed. The tank & bracket are gone & im not going buy the parts to redo the oil injection. I was rebuilding carbs & decided to pull off the oil pump to see if whoever did the bypass removed the shaft & they did not. It was still there. Id rather put it back together with a block off plate instead of putting the pump back on. Problem is I can't find one listed for the outboards, they are all for jetskis. Does anyone know of a plate for the outboards? Specifically a 1997 40tlrv.

just take the guts out of it an put it back on. Make sure nothing can get in the block before you put it back on there

Back