Logo

Starting when hot issue

99tige2100v

Hi, I have a 1999 tige 2100v with a mercruiser 350. When I start it at the boat ramp it starts fine. Once I run it for a little while and turn it off and try to restart the engine does not start easy. I had the fuel pump checked and it has good pressure. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue last year. Mine would run strong all day and I’d turn it off and it would start. Turned out to be a vapor locking issue. I’d crack the engine hatch and purge the Shrader valve on top of the intake, takes just a couple of seconds. It’d fire right up.

Hi, I have a 1999 tige 2100v with a mercruiser 350. When I start it at the boat ramp it starts fine. Once I run it for a little while and turn it off and try to restart the engine does not start easy. I had the fuel pump checked and it has good pressure. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

update i changed the o'rings on the fuel injectors and that seemed to solve the problem. Thank you !!!!!!

Carb or injection? Either way, one of them is flooding the motor when shut off.

Jeff

i replaced the o rings on them and cleaned them. this seemed to help for one lake outing. the next time i took the boat out the problem returned. any idea how to figure out which one it is? it seems to be flooding the motor now even when cold.

thanks

i replaced the o rings on them and cleaned them. this seemed to help for one lake outing. the next time i took the boat out the problem returned. any idea how to figure out which one it is? it seems to be flooding the motor now even when cold.

thanks

Not sure if boats are the same or not, but try replacing the coolant temp sensor. Sounds funny, but if the lead that tells the ecu what temp it is, isn't, then your engine will always think it's cold and dump extra fuel to warm it up (just like cars do). Just an idea.

And if that's not the problem, you might have leaky injectors. You can verify this by immediately bleeding off the fuel pressure (with the Schrader valve) after shutting the motor down.

I had a car that did this to me and I confirmed it via the above method.

Jeff

Back