Logo

Need help with my aq130C water leaking between block and trans etc

Cmenz

I brought the boat home today got it running and started messing around trying to solve all my disasters from last year. So here goes i cleaned the carbs put them back on got it running still ran rough and hard starting so i adjusted the points and now it seems better. Last year it would die out on the water and backfire through the carbs. But hard to tell if i fixed it because it only acts up under load. Now i have it hooked up to the hose its leaking water somewhere at the back of the motor. Seems to be between the engine and trans. Can some please help me and point me in a direction of what the hell is all going on?! This boat has been nothing but frusteration since i got it.

I brought the boat home today got it running and started messing around trying to solve all my disasters from last year. So here goes i cleaned the carbs put them back on got it running still ran rough and hard starting so i adjusted the points and now it seems better.
Contact points should be set/adjusted using a Dwell Angle meter.
Setting/adjusting point Gap is an estimate only of correct dwell angle.

Last year it would die out on the water and backfire through the carbs. But hard to tell if i fixed it because it only acts up under load. Now i have it hooked up to the hose its leaking water somewhere at the back of the motor. Seems to be between the engine and trans.
At the top of the main suspension fork you will have a water neck fitting.
water neck fitting.jpg
This water neck connects the S hose to the copper tube that exits the transom shield.
The water neck fittings and special beaded gaskets are routine replacement items.

Ok ill have a look to see if i can find that fitting and figure out if thats the culprit. As for the points i completely agree. I am gonna find someone who knows how to set them properly. Id swap it to electronic from hot spark but i dont want to spend the money until the thing will last a whole day on the water.

Stick with the contact points, set them correctly and don’t leave the key on with the engine off..... and you’ll be ok.

Ok ill have a look to see if i can find that fitting and figure out if thats the culprit. As for the points i completely agree. I am gonna find someone who knows how to set them properly. Id swap it to electronic from hot spark but i dont want to spend the money until the thing will last a whole day on the water.

Install new points and condenser... (don't forget to lube the disti cam!!!) no place to save $$ on a boat.

Back