Logo

2004 Honda BF 115A beeping.

autowerx123

I have 2004 Crest pontoon with a 2004 Honda BF 115 that just started beeping while out on the lake this past weekend. The oil is full and I have a good pee stream. While out this past weekend I was on the water maybe 20 mins and it started beeping. The boat was running great when it started. I turn the engine off immediately and started investigating. I made my way back to the boat ramp with no trouble. When I got home I checked the water seperator and the fuel filter and both were clean and no signs of water( red ring on the bottom of the separator). I hooked the hose up and started the engine and started unplugging sensors. One of sensors above the fuses killed the engine when I disconnected it and the beeping stopped. Plug it back up and the beeping starts back. It's about a one second beep off and on. I traced the wire down to a fat wire loom that is taped up. It runs down the front of the engine. I took a picture in case any of you know what it is off the top of your head. I don't know what else to check and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!Screenshot_2019-07-02-19-37-45-1.jpg

Last edited:
Is the check eng light on? If it is, bridge the two terminals in the 2 pin red diagnostic plug shown bottom of your pic and read the flashed code on the check engine light, let me know what it is, it will come in long or short blinks.

This pontoon doesnt have a check engine light. I have a tach, fuel, voltage and trim only. Where the ignition switch and throttle is I only have the green and red oil light. I covered each gauge when I was out on the water to see if there was a check engine light and none of them had it. And the green light stayed on the whole entire time.

You can't diagnose without a check engine light, you will need to buy one and install or take it to a dealer. There are a number of things that can cause the alarm including alternator not charging which you can check with a volt meter.Ultimately I would be installing the check engine and charge light panel available on ebay.

I have had the same problem and had to take mine in to an authorized dealer to check the engine code. Your only other option is to buy and connect a check engine light, determine the code from the flashing pattern of the check engine light (here is a good instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxsohD9j-RE&list=WL&index=7&t=0s), and find the service manual for your engine online to look up what the code corresponds to is. Mine ended up being the throttle position sensor, which I can't mess with so I don't void the warranty, so I had to take it in to a dealer. They have the appropriate software to run a full diagnostic on the engine, not just pull the simple codes from the flashing check engine light. I just took it in this weekend so I am still waiting on the diagnosis.

I have ordered the check engine light I'm waiting on it to come in and I have the owner's manual, but it doesn't have anything in it about codes and I'm struggling to find the actual codes on the internet.

So I ordered a check engine light from eBay and got it in yesterday and when I hooked it up I got 6 blinks for the ECT sensor. I'm going to order a new sensor today does anyone think that I should go ahead and change the thermostats while I'm at it?

So.... after ordering a new temperature sensor and trying to clear the codes it still beeps. I get 6 blinks with the paperclip in. When I clear the codes I get two beeps every time I do it...when I turn the switch off and back on I still get the six blinks. When I pull the paperclip and turn the switch back on I have the check engine light on and the alarm beeping. Any ideas on where I should go from here?

Back