Logo

B100L 10 HP bogs down at full throttle

From my earlier post I had water in my oil it was the oil fill body that was my problem. I changed it and it's no longer a problem. Now I have a different issue, when not in gear engine revs up fine but when I put it in gear it bogs down and has no power. I am thinking to clean my jets will that fix my problem?

It might...but also make sure that the orifices at the top of the venturi, in front of the throttle plate, are clear and will pass fluid sprayed in from the jet passageways.

This carb also has a main air jet passage underneath a plug located on the top of the carb body. Sometimes running issues can be solved by removing the plug and flushing from there. No need to even remove the carb if this is the problem.

Also check your engine cam timing and belt installation.

Honda twins will start and idle pretty smoothly on only one cylinder. So you may want to make sure both are firing before blaming the carb.

Just a few ideas

Good luck.

To check for a cylinder misfire, take the plug boots off before hand and smear a tiny amount of dielectric grease around the inside of the boot. It doesn't take much.

Doing that will make it easy to pull the boot off of the plug while the engine is running. Wear some leather gloves or use plug wire pliers to avoid being zapped.

Good luck.

Yes it most certainly is/was our problem. The issue now is whether or not a nut rolling around in the valve cover caused any other damage.

Last edited:
It actually ran good except when i put it in gear then it boged down. I cleaned carb and it was pretty clean. That couldn't have been the cause of water in my oil right?

No, the loose nut couldn't have any effect on the oil in water. You solved that with the new oil fill adapter.

But the loose nut has probably resulted in your valve for that rocker remaining closed. This is likely the cause of your bogging down issue.

IE: valve doesn't open/operate, cylinder doesn't fire. Check and adjust the valves and make sure the locking nuts are tight and try it out. You have probably found your problem.

Boating can be fun after all the wrenches are put away. ;>)

Back