Logo

40 HP fuel line connection

geardaddy737

I have a 1999 40TLRY

I am having fuel issues. I just bought a new fuel line and it arrives tomorrow. Can someone tell me what the brass fitting is that shoves the ball in on the fuel connector and where I could buy more .Also what part do I need to change it back to they way it was. Seems no one knows this answer I been to boat supply stores and The local marinas parts department

thanks

I am trying to post a picture but not having any luck figuring it out

Last edited:
6C71917A-28E6-492F-951F-3FEF51854A98.jpgThe brass fitting keeps the ball pushed at all times if I squeeze the primer ball fuel will flow through even if discontinued from the engine

Last edited:
I bought a hose fitting but I need that brass fitting to connect it to the engine side or I need what part I need to connect the fitting to the engine side if I do not use that brass fitting . The engine side does not have a male sticking out to push in the ball on the fuel line fitting

I would be happy just knowing what that brass fitting is called and where I can buy one. Seems no one knows and has never seen it

AD37B1DA-98B9-4C51-94CC-79AE657D1E6F.jpg

That brass fitting goes inside of fuel line quick connect for the engine side. Where can I buy more of that brass fittings.

Also so is that how it is supposed to be connected ? I have ran it this way for over 12 years, I am just now wondering if this is correct .

Thank you very much

I have a 40TLRY
6H4

L. 549240
T

Also

what is the brass fitting that I have now ? It pushes into the fuel quick connect and keeps the ball down,even when disconnected . With fuel quick disconnect, disconnected I can squeeze the ball and have fuel come out

thanks

Attachments

• 1130452D-4B8D-463D-8716-6845D2617D3B.jpeg
    1130452D-4B8D-463D-8716-6845D2617D3B.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
It should all simply be plug and play.

Item 1 is attached to the lower cowling on the motor. Item 6 is the fitting on the end of the hose. Purchased with the hose or purchased separately. Simply plug them together. No brass fitting needed.

Just like the parts catalog depicts.

ir74nr.jpg

Thanks
I am guessing the brass piece I have is part of the whole part of joint pipe 1

You guys rock and thanks for the help .

Last edited:
Back